Picture taken by the lovely Janel Johnson at Janel Johnson Photography

Sunday, November 14, 2010

History

Well....since I'm about 13 months late starting the blog I best give everyone who doesn't know us a brief history.  This is the start of a very brief summary of this life changing journey I've embarked on the past 13 months.   

It was May 12th, 2009 and I looked down at the stick staring back at me were 2 pink lines.  It just didn't quite sink in I just stared and thought to myself, "this couldn't be right there has been a mistake the test is wrong!"  I frantically drove to Walmart in the middle of the night, bought 2 more boxes consisting of 4 more tests, drank an insane amount of water, and then waited what felt like a lifetime to have to pee again.  Finally, I stood there looking at all of them perfectly lined up on the bathroom counter..... pregnant, pregnant, pregnant, pregnant.  I just stood there like a zombie that drank too much water and still had to pee, "a baby I'm going to be a mother."  I couldn't believe it I felt like I could explode on the inside with disbelief.  I was so scared...............a mother, what do mothers do?  Will I be a good mother?  How are good mothers good mothers?  I confirmed my findings with Raymond........."we are going to be parents" I told him. I was sobbing and crying tell him the news and he kept reassuring me everything will be fine we will fine.  I just kept thinking how foolish he was that this isn't fine how could everything be fine?

After staying up all night long and thinking tons, the next morning I had this sudden burst of happiness.  Raymond's right it will be fine and I will be a great mother and right now marks the beginning of the rest of my life, this is an amazing blessing I've been given.  I completely embraced my pregnancy living and breathing all my energy towards this amazing "person" growing inside of me.  Although I feel I was a bit over the top about things.  I wanted to do everything right for a change...no caffeine, get plenty of rest, drink lots of water, eat healthy, take my vitamins, go to all my appointments, etc.  Everything was moving along great and I couldn't of been more happy or excited.  Then on August 21st, 2009 I found out news that was going to completely change my life and it was the beginning of this roller-coaster of emotions journey we are still experiencing.  At my ultrasound not only did the tech discover one baby..........but then another.........and then ANOTHER!  Yes, on that day I was told that I am having spontaneous triplets.  There they were these 3 perfect beings staring back at me on the monitor Baby A...boy, Baby B...girl, Baby C...boy.  I was bawling like in this total snot shooting out of my nose cry,  then went into complete and total shock, and then stopped crying and speaking all within a matter of 15 minutes.  I was 18 weeks and 6 days pregnant that day.

On October 17th, 2009 I gave birth to 3 little Brunson baby's unexpectedly at 26 weeks and 1 day as a result of the H1N1 flu.  Little Baby A's water had broke and he was getting the heck out of there!  Robert Douglas 1 lb 11 oz, Joe Michael 1lb 14 oz, and Ella Norrita 1lb 7oz. They then began their journey along with me, starting out as a long stay in the NICU.  Very small and very sick I will never forget the first time I seen them.  I felt so much love in my heart a love that I have never experienced. It was the first time in my life I knew what the meaning love something so much it hurts meant. They looked so tiny and so sick, but I still thought they were the most beautiful people in the entire world!  It wasn' t an easy beginning.  Robert passed away on October 29th, 2009 as a result of a blood clot.  It was so sudden and horrible.  I lost a piece of my heart that day, but I gained a guardian angel that is watching over all of us for eternity.

The rest of the stay was a series of very ups and downs.  Joe had a grade IV brain hemorrhage, which is common in micro preemies.  He ended up getting a shunt to control his hydrocephalus.  The rest of his stay he thrived and did really well.  He still has some issued due to the brain injury, but we are working with him and I have very positive feelings about all the hard work we do!  We got to bring him home on February 9th, 2010.   His sister Ella hasn't quite had it like that.  She has been through many many procedures approximately 14 or 15.  Most of her problems have been her tummy, but she also has had the laser eye surgery for ROP, colostomy bag, the colostomy bag reversed, and a shunt....just to name a few plus surgery involving the complications that came along with all them things.  Ella has fought multiple infections, pneumonia on more than one occasion, surgeries, gastrointestinal issues, and head issues. Which she is on her 2nd shunt as her first one became infected.  She has spent her entire life fighting for it and won. I have shed millions of tears and said my goodbyes many times, but she is still here with us and we love her soooo much!  Little Miss Ella is going to Denver on Tuesday to the Children Hospital in Aurora, CO, from the NICU in Bismarck, ND.   She needs to have her shunt tubing placed as it doesn't work to be in her tummy and they may do something with a feeding tube as all her feeds are done with an NJ in her nare.  We don't really know what their plans will be or what the future will hold, but all we can do is pray this is a step closer to home. 

So there you have it a very brief history of the past 13 months.  I could kick myself for not starting this blog business 13 months ago, but it's never too late.  We are about to begin a whole new journey and this time I'm keeping everyone posted! 
          

No comments:

Post a Comment