Picture taken by the lovely Janel Johnson at Janel Johnson Photography

Monday, November 15, 2010

It's Not Goodbye, It's Just The Beginning!

This weekend was one of my final trips to Bismarck from Rapid City to visit Ella.  I was dreading it because I was going to have to say my goodbye to everyone as Ella is going to Denver tomorrow!  I knew it was going to be so hard and lots of leaving me speechless tears would be involved.  Over the past 13 months our family has grown extremely attached and loves all the self proclaimed nurse "aunties", one "uncle", and of course Ella's Dr.O.  It nearly sets me into a complete panic attack to think she will no longer be in his care!  Dr. O's tireless devotion to my children and caring heart is a whole another blog entry! 

The past 13 months this staff has given their skills, love, shoulders to cry on, friendships, and devotion to Raymond/Me and our children.  They are an amazing skilled group of people and I feel so blessed and privileged they were the ones who cared for Robert, Joe, and Ella!  Not only were they the childrens nurses, but they became my close friends!  When you spend all your spare time there you start to talk of food, shopping, hair, plastic surgeries we'd like done, annoying things our significant others do, movies, in-laws, pregnancy, baby names, building houses, kids, pets, and did I mention food?  Those are just a few of the many topics that have been covered!  I've called there a least twice a day if not more for the past 13 months  and had many nonchild related phone conversations with my friends.

Not only have they been fun friends, but they have been extremely supportive friends.  I have had to make so many hard decisions during this journey and they have NEVER judged me or made me feel bad for anything.  I've always had so much support and love from them.  Not to mention a shoulder to cry on or vent too!

I appreciate all the "extras".  Joe and mostly Ella have been involved in many activities!  These nurses are photographers, beauticians, fashion consultants, they do arts and crafts, interior decorators, and enjoy going on walks to promote exercise!   

When I was driving home last night I realized this wasn't goodbye it's just the beginning!  Friends and family don't say "goodbyes" they say, "can't wait to see you next time!".  We refuse to say "goodbye"  there isn't a goodbye to be said.  Besides........ what would Ella and Joe think of something so silly like that!!!!

We love you guys!  Each one of you is an amazing talented person that carries a very special place in my heart, tucked in there right next to my kids.  Thank you for all you've done and always making all the happy moments such special ones!    

1 comment:

  1. Aww what a nice post! I have a very special spot for our nurses too!

    ReplyDelete