Picture taken by the lovely Janel Johnson at Janel Johnson Photography

Monday, June 6, 2011

Busy

Okay, so I am way way over due to blog.  So much has happened too! 

In April sickness overtook my household for some reason........Poor Raymond injured his lower back, ironically it was at the same time his Dad injured his back too!  Fortunately, they both got it fixed and are feeling much much better now.  After that little Joe got very very sick.  He had an unexplained fever and was throwing up, so of course like the total nut that I am we rushed to the ER.  After a lot of tests and a long night in the ER they ruled out his shunt being infected.  What a relief!  After that Raymond and I realized that we can't overact with him so much.  Kids get sick.....that's just the way life goes.  So from now on when he acts like he has the "flu" I'm going to wait a few days.  If it gets better he is fine....if it stay the same or gets worse it may be his shunt.  At that point I will take him in.  It's so hard when you've had so many horrible things happen to you children.  It's hard for us not to over react with baby Joe!  He is so special and important!  After Joe's sickness it was my turn I guess.  I hurt my back too!  It was near my right shoulder blade.  It was one of the most painful things that I have ever experienced.  I missed  2 days of work and it took 6 chiropractor appointments to get it fixed.  I will never forget that in my life!  I couldn't even care for Joe, he had to go stay the night with our friends and my Mom had to take him to and from daycare.  Plus my poor Mom had to drive me all around because I couldn't even drive!  Glad that month is behind us!

May was hectic too.  Lots of birthdays, Mother's Day, and graduations.  We celebrated a very special birthday party on May 21nd.  Blake turned 4 yrs old!!!  His real birthday is on May 24th, but we wanted to have a party during the weekend.  It was so fun and robot themed!  Blake loves robots!  He loves vacuums and cleaning too...haha!  Some friends and kids came over.  He got spoiled with lots of presents and sweets.  After Blake's party we got to go to another birthday party for little Jackson.  At Jackson's party we got to go swimming and sit in the hot tub :)  It was a busy but very fun day for everyone! 

So far in June it's been Joe with the busy schedule.  Joe was fitted for his leg braces and they should be done on June 10th.  These braces will go just below the knee.  The braces plastic will wrap around his calf and the Velcro will wrap around the front of his leg.  There is a special molding on the feet to help his feet distribute weight evenly on all his pads.  This will help him with standing.  He also had an eye Dr. appointment.  It went very well.  The Dr. said he is right on track for his actual age with eye development and vision.  The only problem we discovered was on his right side Joe doesn't have peripheral vision.  We need to enter his world from the left side Dr. Nixon told us.  I wasn't surprised about it since that is his "weak" side and I was starting to notice with toys and feedings. It seemed like he could never see me from that side or he doesn't acknowledge toys or initiating interaction.  He will adjust around it and I think he already has to some point. 

Joe also got his first real haircut this month, not a surgery shave!  He was such a good boy at the salon!  He sat nice and still well Zach cut his hair.  We decided to go with a mohawk......how cute is a mohawk on a little boy :)  I call it his "Joehawk".  It helped that someone was flashing pictures of him the entire time Zach was cutting his hair.  Joe loves his picture taken.  He poses and hams it up the whole time.  It was the perfect distraction!  The results were cuter than I anticipated.

Now we are all getting ready for our southern vacation!  We are leaving June 17th and staying in Arkansas with Raymond's family for a week.  I am so excited I can hardly stand it!  I haven't been on vacation since May 2007.  I am ready and deserve one!  I am a little nervous about the 17 hour drive with a 4 yr old and a 19 month old, but we will survive.  Raymond and the kids got to go last summer, but I stayed behind for training at my new job.  The kids have been more places than I have.....haha! 


                                                   Blake's Robot Cake
                                                          Birthday Boy :)


                                                  Finished Results!


                                                      Side View!        

No comments:

Post a Comment