Picture taken by the lovely Janel Johnson at Janel Johnson Photography

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ice-Cream for Jenn.... yes please!

So I literally just discovered like 5 minutes ago that July is National Ice Cream Month. 

Why am I blogging about this you ask??  Well it's no secret at my house that Jenn LOVES ice-creams.  In all shapes and forms. Scoops in a bowl, cones, sandwiches, mcflurries, dilly bars, all flavors, toppings.........love!  I am always teased by Raymond about where all ice-cream disappeared too?  Or he brings home ice-creams and tells me I am not allowed to have any!  I will literally eat all of it in a matter of days and I am not ashamed to say it - unless I am lying to Raymond about being the one who polished it all off.  It's funny when Raymond goes to get himself a creamy delightful treat only to discover there is nothing in the freezer.  I know it's gone, but I do not try to stop him from checking.  He will then ask me, "Jenn did you eat all the ice-cream?"  and I will flat out lie, "No - I don't think I ate all of the ice-cream."  I am a terrible liar that is why it is very out of character for me to be dishonest, but we will both start laughing at my harmless dishonest answer because it's so ridiculous and childish that I even try.......    :)

Not only did I discover that July is National Ice Cream Month ................. I discovered some very wonderful facts in relation to this fantastic idea of a month.  It was declared National Ice Month in July (the month I was born) 1984 (the year I was born) by President Reagan.  The third Sunday of July is National Ice Cream Day and my birthday is the 16th.  That has to be close to the third Sunday every year right?  Is this a coincidence?  I think not!!!  I think discovering this explains a lot and I should probably continue to eat as much ice-cream as I need too because this month was made for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment