Picture taken by the lovely Janel Johnson at Janel Johnson Photography

Monday, August 5, 2013

Miss Whitley - Part 1

Since Whitley is the newest memeber of our family she hasn't got any "blog attention" yet, so I have decided to do a post about her, but in 3 parts so the read doesn't get too long for you guys. She must of known this because it has taken me almost a week to write the post. The little Miss came down with her first bug EVER on Monday. Poor thing had a 102 temp :( Nothing serious though. Just a yucky, keep Mom up all night bug. Whitley wasn't a planned pregnancy, but neither was my last one :) Unplanned blessing are the best though! I found out about her shortly after Raymond and I returned from our honeymoon in Vegas. I remember having a day in Vegas were I felt kinda "funny" and for a short second had a pregnancy feeling memory flash back, but I thought it was all the heat and sun. Vegas in August is HOT. I also enjoyed some (a lot) of drinks........Mom fail.........I am sorry but I didn't know! I had an emotional meltdown to my Dr. at one of my first appointments about my drinkning on my honeymoon and he told me I shouldn't worry I am not a horrible person. When I found out I was pregnant I wasn't upset... I was happy, but I was scared to tell Raymond. We had decided to be done and enjoy our family the way it was, and that is what he thought we were doing, so I wasn't sure how he was going to react. In fact, I told my sister, sis-in-law, and a couple of my bff's before I told him. That wasn't very cool of me, but I had to tell someone and get their reactions first before his. Seemed legit. Raymond wasn't upset at all. He was like, well it wasn't planned, but it will be great. Then he told me it was a girl he just knew it was. After I told him I felt stupid that I thought he would be upset. We both prayed for 1 baby and 1 HEALTHY baby. I made a Dr.'s appointment immediately. I was kind of pushy and bitchy about it too. I was NOT going to have an experience like last time! I demanded an ultrasound to see how many baby(ies) I was having and that baby looked normal so far. I remember she told me that we have to have a reason for an ultrasound or insurance will not cover it. I told her she better find a reason then because it was happening and soon! I mean I could think of several and I am not a Dr.! I found out about triplets at 19 weeks and since they were born at 26 weeks I didn't really get time to absorb it all plus take care of myself properly. I also demanded that they get all my medical info from Bismarck right away. After that I was a nicer patient. My care this time was WONDERFUL. I had a great medical team working with me. I had a ton of appointments - it was almost overkill - but they really wanted me to have a healthy pregnancy and most importantly a healthy baby to take home. When I went into labor last time my cervix was dangerously short and it basically was already too short the day I found out about the trips. This was due to carrying 3 people in my belly. My Dr. in Bismarck always said it's a house built for 1 not 3. The focus of this pregnancy was to watch that cervix like a hawk. Make sure it's not getting too short...... I had to get my cervical length measured every 2 weeks! It was a lot, but everytime I got my length measured I got to see her via ultrasound. I had more ultrasounds with Whitley than the trips and I LOVED every minute of it! They quit doing lengths at 33 weeks because they said after that studies show it really doesn't matter. Your body is getting ready to give birth in a month or 2 and everyone is different, so it could get really short or not. It just depends and after 36 weeks if you go into labor they will not stop you. My pregnancy with Whitley was rough but WORTH it! First off, I have weird blood, this was discovered after my baby Robert passed. I have prothrombin gene mutation, which means my blood clots fast. I am at risk of having a blood clot and when you are pregnant you are at risk of having a blood clot. The 2 together put my at like a 60% plus chance of developing a clot. So I had to give myself heparin shots twice a day the entire pregnancy and 6 weeks after. I was also terribly sick until about 14-16 weeks. I had bad mourning sickness last time too, but it was like a sudden OMG I am going to throw up everywhere this very second. I would and then I would be fine util the next time, but it made me afraid to go places because of that sudden unexpected upchucking. With Whitley I just felt like I had the flu all day almost every day. I didn't really throw up often, but it was hard to function. I sat a my desk pep talking myself, "pull your shit together Jenn!" all the time. My second trimester was okay, but I got HUGE and FAT! I was so sick of comments about how "big" I was getting. Why do people say that shit? It's one thing to say oh you are getting a baby bump and how cute is your baby bump, but to tell someone they are huge......no.......don't do that. Or the "are you sure there is only one in there?" Excuse me? Do you know who you are talking too? I don't know if it's because I am short or what, but I get really big when I am pregnant. Well last time I expected too get pretty big, but this time I was hoping not too. I really watched what I ate and my salt for several months, but the number on the scale just kept going up so finally I was like screw it I am eating what I want! Bad idea......bad bad idea Jenn. I gained about 65lbs with her and I am pretty sure only 25-30ish has came off so far. Since I was back in my jeans 3 weeks after the triplets I really convinced myself that would happen again. My thrid trimester wasn't so bad, just uncomfortable. At that point I was tired of Dr. appoinments and backaches, insomnia, etc. I just wanted to meet her, and hold her, and kiss her, and LOVE her. I was SO excited that I got past 26 weeks and I was going to have a full term baby. It was the best feeling ever! I remember during ultrasound when they told me she exceeded Joe's birth weight I was so excited! We scheduled her cesection on 4/5/13 at 10am. If I was going to go into labor on my own before that I was going to give it a go by myself, but I didn't (I was secretly glad) and so off to the hospital we went on that cool spring Friday morning. Stay tuned for part 2 Whitley's entrance into the world! 5ish Months
7ish Months

No comments:

Post a Comment