Picture taken by the lovely Janel Johnson at Janel Johnson Photography

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The House

This summer Raymond and I spent a lot of time on our house.  This was the first warm weather/summer since we moved here and we both had so many ideas flowing through our minds.  We also both have our favorite places to execute our ideas - Raymond prefers the outside and I prefer the inside!  I was looking at pictures of when we first moved into the house to now.  I cannot believe the difference! 

Raymond and I finally finished the kids playroom.  Raymond started that project the day we moved into this house on 11/22/10 and we literally finished it like 2 months ago.  It was a lot of work to sheet rock, lay the flooring, put up the trim, and paint.  Raymond starts a lot of projects and bounces back and fourth between them.  He is so excited about all his ideas he can't stand himself so he gets many going at once :)  We still have a piece of furniture that Raymond has been working on for the playroom, but other than that it's as good as done!  I love it!  No more tripping on toys :)  At least not 24/7.......

For my birthday we decided to paint the living room and the fireplace.  It completely changed the whole room!  We also found some super cheap paint - manager special stuff that wasn't the correct tint or something?  I went ahead and painted the hallway this strange brown color - and I loved the results!  We are also slowly but surely getting all the interior trim painted white.  I learned that painting trim white sucks!  Worth it in the end though!

Raymond has worked his butt off in the yard!  I am so impressed with the results.  I could kick myself for not taking before and after pictures of all his hard work!  He has cut trees down like crazy!  We had a stump removal service come into the yard and clean up the stumps - which also gave us a ton of mulch.  The best part is the flowerbed area he landscaped.  If we didn't have 2 stupid dogs that ruin everything  it was beautiful!  He cut down a big crazy tree and dug up the ground, planted a ton of beautiful perennials, laid mulch, inserted brick around it, and put a cute black cast rod iron fence in front.  It looks so clean and nice.  I just hope the flowers come back next summer - we had trouble with Juicy and Syd digging them up or laying on top of them. 

Right now Raymond is working on our basement. He is making our master bedroom down there, this includes building me a huge closet!  He is sanding the paint off the concrete floor and plans on staining it.  Raymond's sister and brother-in-law did this in their house and it looks amazing!  Plus if it floods no worries as far as the floor goes.  I am preparing to paint my kitchen.  I am still not 100% on the paint colors.  I just know it will be a green of some sort with a brown.  I can't wait to get it started!

                 Playroom


    Fireplace Before

     Fireplace After


     Livingroom Before ~Note the cute baby that thinks I am taking a pic of him and not the wall~


     Livingroom After

No comments:

Post a Comment