Picture taken by the lovely Janel Johnson at Janel Johnson Photography

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It's Official

So I have one more blog piece about October 2011 I want to do - then I will feel "caught" up with our events so to speak. 

I just have such excitement about an upcoming event I wanted to do a post on that first. 

This past summer Raymond and I decided we wanted to get married.  It wasn't some super romantic proposal or anything like that.  In fact, we always felt that things were perfect the way they are and marriage wasn't necessary.  What the hell is going to change other than my last name and the way we file taxes?  We know we will be together forever.  Due to certain summer events, which I will not go into detail of since I don't want to deal with the possible wrath of evilness, Raymond and I decided that we wanted to be married.  We wanted it to complete our family and make it official.  Sometimes life's challenges make you closer to the people you love.  Raymond and I have had more than enough challenges to make us closer! 

Raymond wasn't thinking we would get married anytime soon but eventually. Well....... I got so excited about the idea of being his wife I sort of jumped the gun and wanted to do it next summer.  Even though we do not have a ring yet!  Due to my hastiness Raymond is currently working on that.   

We wanted simple and to enjoy the company of family and friends, so we are going to get married right in our backyard!  After the ceremony we are going to have food and drinks for the rest of the night.  Yesterday I contacted the minister and he marked us down on the calendar for July 28th, 2012 sometime in the late afternoon.  So I guess that makes it official.................   :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment