Picture taken by the lovely Janel Johnson at Janel Johnson Photography

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bless This Mess

I've come to realize something about myself that I never anticipated happening.  I am slightly on the messy side these days!  For those of you that knew me before I was a mother, during my "single life in my own bachlorette pad" days I was an over the top neat freak.  The only times I didn't mind a little disorganization was when I wasn't around for several days at a time except for sleep and outfit changes.  This happened often, but when I was home for longer than an hour I could not sit still if something was out of place.  It absolutely disturbed me on so many levels. 

Lately I've seen a huge change in myself.  Since we've moved into our new house we've got 2 dogs, more space to clean, and I have 3 boys to deal with.  I simply cannot keep up with all this I was driving myself crazy trying too! The odd part about this is I simply walk by the mess not caring even a little bit especially if I am tired enough.  Now that is disturbing to me on many more levels!

 The other day Raymond cleaned our house while I was at work.  When I was driving home I was giving myself a "pep" talk on how I was going to clean the house spotless tonight.  To my astonishment when I arrived it was already cleaned!  That's when it hit me..........if Raymond Brunson is scrubbing floors and doing dishes it has to be bad.  For a split second I felt terrible, "what has happened to this great quality I use to have?"  and I wondered, "how can this happen to me...........going from one extreme to the next like that without hardly noticing?"  My neatness factor something I took so much pride in thrown out the window just like that!  And now the slob love of my life is more with it than me......WHAT?

I've decided those days of extreme neatness are over at least for the time being and that's okay.  I am a full time employee, mom, and whatever else I do extra (which there's a lot trust me).  I have to cook and do a ton more laundry than before and those DOGS!!!  No comment on them other than they are worse than my 16 month old son!!

I've decided I am not going to feel bad about it any longer.  My kids are happy, clean, and healthy.  Raymond is spoiled by me and Child Protection Services hasn't been to my house, so I must not be doing to terrible of a job.  Besides, who doesn't want to watch Raymond scrub floors and wash dishes!  I love it!

        

No comments:

Post a Comment