Picture taken by the lovely Janel Johnson at Janel Johnson Photography

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Growing Up

Things haven't been too shabby at our house lately......Joe is doing new things all time, but mostly my baby is growing up so fast!  I have just recently looked at him and he doesn't appear "babyish" to me anymore.  If that makes any sense. 

Every night at bedtime, we take a tubs, put lotion on, warm jammies, wrap in a blanky, and rock to sleep with Mom.  Something I look forward too every night because it's my favorite.  The past few nights we do our routine and when it gets to the "rocking" baby to sleep he wants nothing to do with that.  He use to snuggle in and let me cuddle him to sleep, but now he tries to escape, roll around, jump out of my lap to go exploring.........  It was bittersweet really, his rocking the baby to sleep days are over I guess.  I started laying him in his crib and he prefers to visit his with his friends on his mobile until he falls asleep.  ***sigh***

Joe's eating has really improved  and we've discovered new foods he enjoys.  He has learned to chew just about everything.  Some of Joe's new favorites include pineapple, mandrain oranges, and of course sweet potato puffs.  He is also picking his food up off his highchair tray and putting it into his mouth by himself.  Something he could not do 3 weeks ago.  He also has quite the sweet tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment