Picture taken by the lovely Janel Johnson at Janel Johnson Photography

Monday, March 14, 2011

Pausing at Green Lights

The other day was a simple life lesson for me and decided I had to share it. It was a great lesson in kindness to others and I was also reminded of my babies constant presence - even when I forget and feel like they've been "lost" forever. 

I was having a rough day.  I was missing my babies.....wondering why this happened??!!??? I wanted to see them, hold them, smell them, and tell them how I love them so much.  It felt so unfair that I couldn't. I was driving home for my lunch break during my melt down....sobbing and driving.... sobbing and driving (that is dangerous by the way).  I was sitting in front of a light and it turned green, but I didn't go because I was so distracted thinking about my babies and sobbing over their loss. Then suddenly I heard the angry honking of a horn behind me!!  It startled me and I realized the light was green and preceded driving. I was so angry! I wanted to stop my car, get out,  and go to the driver behind me to tell  him why I was so distracted and didn't immediately turn left at the green light!  I arrived at home,  pulled into the driveway, and stopped to get the mail before heading in the house.  At this point I was angry and sad all at the same time.  Inside the mailbox was a unexpected card from a very special person that we love dearly.  I opened it up,  it said she was thinking about us and she seen a shirt that said "princess" with a crown on it.  It made her smile thinking of Miss Ella.  It made me stop crying and smile too.  I realized that Ella and Robert must of known I was going to have a bad moment, so they planned accordingly.  They reminded me not to be sad that they are a constant presence, even if we can't see them they are still here and watching over the people that love them always.

Next time you are sitting behind someone at a light and the light turns green and they are not going........don't lay on the horn at them. We do not know what they are thinking about or what is happening to them at that very moment.  It might be something so big that they don't notice the green light in front of them.  If you miss the light do not worry it will turn green again.  Just pause and wait a minute along with them.  Your destination will still be there for you. 


***Unless you are bleeding to death or having a medical emergency, honk that horn like mad!***            

1 comment: